Smart low voltage capacitor bank
Energy efficiency, as simple as VarSet™
FeaturesVarSet, the low voltage power factor correction solution, helps lower operating and capital costs to provide quick Return On Investment. Building with performance Schneider components, VarSet is an EcoStruxure Power connected product, with abilities for a broad range of applications and for dependable and long term service. Smart monitoring and measurement features are available for secured operations, to optimize perfomance and maintenance and to allow you to make the most of your low voltage capacitor bank, either on site or remotely.
A full range of products are available, as well as pre-configured options or optional kits to fulfill your unique requirements:
- Fully type tested in compliance with IEC/EN 61439-1 & IEC 61921, or in compliance with CSA 22.2 NO 190, UL810 & UL 508a
- Network voltage : 230V -400V-415V (50Hz), 240V-400V-480V-600V (60Hz)
- Automatic compensation for variable-unstable loads up to 1150kVar - Fixed compensation for stable loads up to 200 kVar
- Detuned or non detuned range to select according to your network harmonic pollution level.
- Embedded ModBus RS485 communication
- Thermal monitoring devices
- Overload and short-circuit protection for each stage
- Top or bottom cable connection options
- IPXXB protection against direct contact (door open)
- IP31 protection for indoor applications. IP54 optional kit for dusty and industrial environments
- IK10 protection against mechanical shocks
BenefitsThe complete solution
VarSet, the low voltage power factor correction solution, helps lower operating and capital costs and provide quick Return On Investment.
- Reduce capital expenses up to 30%
- Reduce reactive energy billing penalties and lower operating expenses up to 10%
- Improve power system and equipment reliability up to 18%
- Reduce CO2 emissions by up to 95kg for every kvar of power factor installed
- Fully type tested in compliance with IEC/EN 61439-1 & IEC or in compliance with CSA 22.2 NO 190, UL810 & UL 508a
- Configurable overload and short-circuit protection for each stage
- Thermal monitoring devices and overheating protections
Reliability and durability
- Best-in-class Schneider Electric components inside
- Easy maintenance on site or remote thanks to smart monitoring functions and Modbus communication
- Multiple alarm functions ( temperature, harmonics, voltage, overload, hunting .. )
- Future ready, EcoStruxure-enabled connected product
- Easy to install thanks to compactness and room for connections
- Easy to commission thanks to pre-settings and smart power factor controller Varplus Logic
- Configurable product and options available
ApplicationsVarSet provides power factor correction, harmonic filtering , energy loss reduction, and lessening of voltage drops on low voltage networks.
VarSet is suitable for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial buildings, industrial, and utility enterprises.
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ