Trio License-free Radios
License-free ethernet and serial data radios
Range of frequency-hopping Ethernet and Serial Data Radios operating in the license-free 900Mhz and 2.4 Ghz band and designed with versatility and flexibility in mind.
0 products available
Trio K-Series frequency-hopping, spread-spectrum data radios set the standard for reliable and secure serial data communication in the license-free 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz ISM bands. With unique features like LinkXtend™ for single radio store-and-forward, and ChannelShare™ collision-avoidance for support of spontaneous SCADA messages, K-Series radios provide the flexibility to allow implementation of even the most complex wireless solutions with virtually unlimited expansion capability.
The industrial strength K-Series is ideally suited for the most demanding Point-to-Multipoint, Point-to-Point, and SmartPath™ mesh-like wireless Telemetry and remote SCADA applications, and is available in a fully enclosed housing (KR) as well as small-format DIN rail-mountable (KP), board-only (KB), and OEM module (OM) variants.
- 256 kbps high speed over-air data rate (can be reduced to 128 k, 64 k or 32 k for longer range)
- Advanced error free data delivery with CRC plus selectable FEC and ARQ.
- Suitable for most industry standard data protocols. e.g. Modbus, DNP3, IEC870-5-101, etc.
- MultiStream™ simultaneous data stream delivery allows for multiple vendor devices/protocols to be transported on the one radio network - compatible with Trio E-Series and M-Series
- Flexible data stream routing providing optimum radio channel efficiency
- 10-30 V DC power supply (13.8 V DC nominal)
- Operating temperature range of -40 to 70ºC (-40 to +185 ºF)
- 900 MHz: Class 1, Div 2, Groups A, B, C & D Hazardous Approval
- 2.4 GHz : ATEX II 3G Ex nA IIC T4
The Trio J Series is suited for a wide variety of applications such as:
Water and Waste Water Telemetry & Remote SCADA
- Potable water: Production, Transmission & Storage
- Treatment: Pumping stations, Pipelines, Substations & Kiosks
Oil & Gas Telemetry & Remote SCADA
- Applications: Extraction, Production, Processing, Transmission & Distribution
- Locations: Upstream and Downstream, Offshore and Onshore
Electricity Telemetry and Remote SCADA
- Generation, Transmission, Distribution
- Applications: Substation Switching, Smart Grid, Distribution Automation, Transformer Monitoring, Customer Premises Metering, Remote Metering
Other Market Segments
- Mining & Minerals Exploration: Remote Sensing, Land and Offshore
- Production & Transportation
Security / Alarm Systems
- Emergency Fire & Intrusion Monitoring
Public Information Message Displays
- Public Transport, Traffic Management & Parking
Agriculture & Environment
- Weather, Pollution and Soil Monitoring
Documents and Downloads (5)
CAD Trio KR900/KR240 Drawing (Version 1.0) 12/8/15 English 3040-0001_KR900_KR240_Rev1.dwg14.9 MB Trio KP900/KP240 Drawing (Version 1.0) 12/8/15 English 3040-0009_KP900_KP240 ENCLOSURE_Rev1.dwg687.9 KB Trio KB900/KB240 Drawing (no enclosure) (Version 1.0) 12/8/15 English 3040-0063_KB900 KB240_No Enclosure_Rev1.dwg2.1 MB Certificate Trio JR240/KR240 LCIE 08 ATEX 6129X (Version 1.0) 12/8/15 all JR-KR-OM240 LCIE_08_ATEX_6129X.pdf1.9 MB Trio JR240/KR240 LCIE 08 ATEX 6128X (Version 1.0) 1/12/15 all JR-KR-OM240 LCIE_08_ATEX_6128X.pdf1.9 MB
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ